Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Eye Opening Veiw of How Much Kids Love Technology

This video amazed me when I saw it. The video Digital Generation Project Youth Portrait: Cameron is about a boy who is 11 years old and loves technology. He is constantly using technology to better his understanding of things such as school work and sports. I couldn't believe how much an 11 would know about technology. I think that I am somewhat technology savy but nothing like Cameron. It makes me think that many children like Cameron love technolog and as teachers we need to keep up with it as they do. It is important for teachers to be able to teach their students about technology just as they do math, english, and spelling.









This video makes me think about how much more I use and depend on technology then my parents do. They often ask for help on navigating the internet and using online social networks. I never mind helping. In fact I love that they are interested in using technology. This video showed me that I am like some of Cameron's teachers. He could teach me some new things about the technology that he loves and uses. I don't want to fall behind when it comes to new age products and technology. I love learning and will continue to try and stay ontop of technology used but there will always be more to learn and often children to teach you.




I know how important it is for chidren to have access to computers and the internet. It should now be just another subject provided such as math. To me it is just as important as the other subjects taught in everyday classrooms. I am not sure that computer class or time is provided to every student during the school day in many schools around our area but I know that it should be. You use computers so much in adolescence and adulthood that it would be hard to imagine life without them now. Actually, where I work I utilize a computer and specific programs everyday. Last week some of our programs crashed and we have been stumbling trying to get through without them. You never know how much you rely on technology until it isn't there to use. As much as we use it today, can you imagine how it will be in 10 or 20 more years? I want our future adults to be as prepaired as possible. Education is changing just before our eyes.








No comments:

Post a Comment