Monday, March 22, 2010

Collaboration using Wiki

Paula White's video "Parallel Play or Collaboration--Leveraging the Wiki Platform for High Quality Work" was very informational. It describes the process of using Wiki in classrooms and how it benefits collaboration between students. It talks about many students' use of wiki and how it helps them.





Before watching this video I was very unclear as to what a wiki was. I am a little more enlightened but still somewhat confused. The examples given by Paula White helped. I also researched it a little more on the Internet. I think it would be great for planning extended family vacations. It is hard to get all the schedules and ideas back from all family members in a timely fashion. This would make it a ton less hectic.

As Paula showed in the video this is a great way for students to collaborate with each other not just in the school setting but at home as well. Often some students are shy about giving input and this could help them voice their ideas. The more information I learn the more significance I see it has in a classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment